Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Blue Cheese Dressing for Wedge Salads

I always have a fresh store-bought Blue Cheese dressing on hand from the produce section of the grocery store.

Well, always was not today! But I did have a wedge of lovely blue cheese. I found a recipe online and thankfully had all the ingredients here at home.

I had already crumbled a good chunk of the cheese on each salad, so used a only half of the cheese in this recipe.

  • 1 cup of Blue Cheese crumbled
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c. buttermilk
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 clove garlic, pressed
  • 1/4 c. pepper
  • dash of Worcestershire sauce
Use an immersion blender (or simply whisk the ingredients together.)  Let sit if you'd like the dressing a bit thicker.

We always crumble Blue cheese and bacon, chop a ripe tomato and grate a hard-boiled egg on each salad. I also add other things I have on hand. This photo has sliced mini-peppers and chopped black olives on top of a mix of lettuces and spinach.