Friday, August 3, 2012

Poppyseed Dressing

This week we are in our second home in Marion, MA on Wildflower Lane. I seem to have misplaced my favorite recipe for Poppyseed Dressing - one I have had for years and given to me by Karan Slates, my best childhood friend. Luckily, I caught her at home last night and she sent it to me this morning. It's now safely tucked up on this blog where I won't lose it again!

½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup olive oil
½ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup vinegar
¼ cup grated red onion
1 ½ teaspoon poppy seeds

Beat together (with a beater or whisk) sugar, mustard, salt, oils & vinegar. Add onion & poppy seeds. Refrigerate in a tightly closed container.

Serve with crisp greens, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, sliced scallions and chopped strawberries.