Sunday, February 4, 2024

Roasted Yellow Beet Fresh Pasta with Sage Butter

 Today I made roasted yellow beet pasta by adding only 1 whisked egg to the flours and a few tablespoons of pureed roasted yellow beets. I added water to the dough in the pasta machine until it was the consistency of dried peas.  This was a bit tricky, but it worked.

To 1/2 cup of Italian butter in a hot pan, I added about 30 sage leaves of all sizes that I had picked from the herb garden. I turned the heat down to simmer and cooked it for about half an hour until the sage leaves had shrunk considerably in size.  I turned the heat up and watched it carefully until the sage leaves turned crispy and the butter turned light brown. 

Using a very small strainer, I strained the butter from the leaves. I then used the butter on the pasta after it cooked.