Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Fast Marinara

While I was perusing my instant pot cookbooks here in Florida, I came across this Fast Marinara recipe in one called Lose Weight with Your Instant Pot by Audrey Johns. It seemed like a great idea and I will think about canning this one once I get home this summer.

Combine 1 tsp olive oil and one minced yellow onion in the pot, sprinkling with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on saute, low heat until the onion softens. Add 4 minced garlic cloves (I use about 2T of my own roasted garlic) and saute for 2 more minutes. 

Add 1/4 cup chopped basil, some Italian seasonings you might like, 2 T* tomato powder (I use the Spice House but there are tons on Amazon). Then add 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes (Trader Joe's Fire Roasted are great), 115-oz can tomato sauce and 1 6-oz can tomato paste, and 1 tsp. sugar. Cover and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release. 


Yummy and quick and easy. Now you have time to make your homemade pasta!

*Optional