Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Ceviche Salad with Grilled Shrimp

 

When we are in Fort Myers, we visit the Babcock Ranch on Sunday mornings, mostly on our bikes to ride 12-15 miles safely on the bike paths and roads. We always stop at the farmer's market in the Town Square and stuff as many yummies we can fit into our bike bags.

This October we are here for a month and our bike rack is at home in Massachusetts so we drove to the Ranch knowing we could bring home any goodies we wanted to. We bought olive bread (and a few pastries to eat there), cheese, olive oil, guacamole, a great beef cheek dog chew for Oreo, granola and some fresh ceviche.

I decided to unfreeze a small bag of large shrimp I found in the freezer here at home. I sliced them down the back (butterflied) and simply grilled them on the stovetop gas grill with some olive oil. I cooked some thin Vietnamese noodles and left them to drain and cool.

The ceviche had a lovely clear sauce that I used as a dressing.

I layered chopped romaine lettuce in individual bowls and placed thinly sliced cucumbers and sliced multi-colored small peppers around the edge. I topped those with the ceviche and the noodles. I garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and sesame seeds. Delicious.